Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DJ Dan rides again





Hey I just wanted to get these out to show you the radio station and me at the helm of the control board. It is so much fun. I have been making many mistakes and yet God is good. It is volunteer work so they are just happy to have an English speaker speaking. You can see their website at http://www.fmchappy.jp/cm/radiocm.html. Careful of some of the Dj's stuff like their blogs. Not very clean. This is a public city owned radio station and the DJ's have quite a rep with doing commercials or CM's as they say here sounds like shiems. So I just plug away making city announcements like pay your city tax and festivals coming. I announced this week about a free concert by a local orchestra playing Mozart and also about low income housing units available but the people have to jump through some very difficult hoops. Anyway, I played some switchfoot and Jeremy Camp and Barlow Girl songs. I have been keeping it up beat for the most part. I am looking for more Christian artists to play the Library at the station stopped in the mid 90s and budget cuts meant no more new English titles. But of course they are no Christian artists unless you consider Elvis sings Hymns to be in that Category? I am out on a limb here. So I have a few of those WOW CDs and a X2003 Compilation of Christian rock but other than that I have nothing else to play. So we are coming back to the states November 6th through the 20th for Rachel's Biopsy and I am hoping to get some more music. If you have burned out on your repertoire of music and like to donate to the cause let me know. I don't think I'll play your Larry Norman or Daniel Amos stuff but contemporary "FISH" or "Air One" type music will be cool. I am going to begin to play Christmas stuff in two weeks so this should be fun. But again I am praying that this is God's will and not a distraction of the enemy.

No comments: