Sunday, October 14, 2012

Update the Newsletter "Valley of Decision"



Bolinger update to newsletter "Valley of Decision"

Ever wish you could retract something? I sent out that last newsletter too early. I should have waited for the Doctor appointment to then sent out an email. The way I was feeling prior was not good at all. I felt deceived in someways because the expected out come was not what we thought. Having felt sick for so long. We just assumed it was my heart getting worse. I was dizzy and sick and sleepy.

Come to find out the doc says your actually getting better. Your BNP (Heart Hormone) is coming way down. A year ago it was 800-900. June it was 600. Last month it was 465. and this month it's in the 300's. We were stoked He said that the drugs are causing these problems you need a change. He took away my Lasix (Diuretic) and reduced some others. Mihoko and I were like confused because it was a 180 from what we thought. Today at church I had more energy than usual but also I was happier and Mihoko in the middle of the message was like, "What did you eat today?" ?

I told the doc that I was thinking we'd have to leave Japan and go home soon. He, very serious, looked at me and said, "My hope is that you will never need a transplant. If you keep loosing weight the hormone and heart damage will be less and you'll feel better. I had been depressed and back to eating comfort food. I gained 10 pounds back. I have been depressed at that as well. I may never get off the meds but I have the opportunity to live a near normal life. Normal is way too boring. There could be risks and potentials along the way for future problems. But a normal BNP is 100 or less. So I am still not healed. I still get fatigued and dizzy during today. But at least it isn't a constant.

Thank you for your prayers. God is good. We are still praying about decisions with the Church/School. Please keep praying with us.

God bless,
Dan and Fam

No comments: