Thursday, December 20, 2007

Figing leads to timing of travel to Japan

Hey,
I have been fascinated with the fig plant in the Bible. Used for healing of sores in the Old Testament and identifying with the leadership of Israel. In Mark 11:22 Jesus has just cursed a fig tree for showing signs of promise but failing to produce the fruit (just like the leadership). The tree died and the disciples are tripping. Jesus then says "Have Faith in God". Did you see that Faith In God is an acrostic of FIG? I have looked at this passage and even studied varieties of fig trees and plants. But as I am pondering moving to Japan I am asking God for the date. He gave me Matthew 24:32; Now learn the parable from the fig tree; when its branch has already become tender, and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near;

I am now looking at the spring 08 for departure time. I pray that my wife and I will be in perfect agreement when to leave. Now to sell my truck, tools, bike, business, library, and rent out my house. It's all in God's hands.

No comments: