Sunday, July 20, 2008

Goodbye to my truck


It wasn't just a truck but it was my sanctuary my temple to worship the most holy God. It had 9 years of my smell and I probably spent more time in it than I did in my home. A man's work truck is a place of inner sanctum. I have had the most holy experiences with the Lord in that truck. I prayed, worshiped, cried, shouted (mostly at other drivers), laughed till diet coke came out my nose. Oh it was a glorious work truck. But alas she is gone. The higher calling of the excellency of Christ have resulted in this forfeiture. Yet I consider all things dung at this point and with the truck having 140K miles and running on 5 of the 6 cylinders and multiple other things on the verge of needing repair it was dung. So it is gone and we press on to the higher calling.

No comments: