Saturday, March 6, 2010

10th Annual CBMC Prayer Dinner


I was asked if I wanted to go to a prayer meeting in downtown Tokyo. I said sure. The tickets were 10,000.00 Yen (100 bucks). They gave me a ticket. I didn't realize what it was until we were there sitting among 500 some Erai Christians at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku this was the national day of prayer dinner. There was the ambassador from Israel there and a Member of the House of Representatives. There were Pastors from Korea and other countries. The presidents of many organizations were there. The main speaker there was the President of a Japanese Christian University. I was so excited to be in the same room with all these dignitaries. What an honor. It was glorious as we entered the hall they were playing an instrumental song. That ole Calvary Chapel Original "In His Time." I felt like shouting for Joy to be apart of God's work here in Japan and be with all these men of God.

I soon found my soul stirring in dispare as the meeting began and a song was sung and announcements were made and it was 20 minutes into the program before someone finally prayed. Then as the main speaker spoke without a Bible and they had Matthew 6:33 on the big screen yet he never once referred to it. In fact, this Bible college president didn't talk about Jesus or the Bible or the lost. He talked about Candles and give others warmth and light. Hmm, Doesn't the Bible warn us James 2:15 "And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit?" James 2:26 says, "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

I am being critical here guys as the dignitaries here will receive greater scrutiny and judgment by God for their lack of faith yet standing in a position of someone who declares to have faith.

Not all were that way a Pastor Kanda from Food for the Hungry Japan was dime on in his prayer, He even shared some gospel in it. I applaud his Faith. The others grieve my soul that if this is a representation of Christianity in Japan no wonder the churches are small and the fruit is quenched. We need laborers here in Japan that actually believe in the Bible as the Authority of God, it is God's infallible Word. We need those who believe in the Power of the Holy Spirit and seek daily to walk in Him. We need those who actually believe the message of the Cross as the Power unto salvation. We also need those that actually have a prayer life outside of a big meeting.

They did have some meat there... On my plate was a Hockey puck size piece of beef that was very raw. Unprepared flesh could be a Prophetic sign of Erai people standing before God. The meat did taste good but my friend and I went to McDonald's afterward.

No comments: