Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Hey living in Japan a day ahead I completely forgot about Memorial Day. We want to say thank you to all the veteran's past and present. The world would be a very different place if it hadn't been for you. God bless you all.

I was in the Army from 1984 to 1987. I went to Boot Camp at Fort Dix New Jersey and then on to AIT in Fort Belvoir Virginia. After several weeks of training I was then shipped out to Coleman Barracks in Mannheim Germany. I spent eighteen months there and then PCS'd to Fort Campbell Kentucky and the 101st Airborne 311 Military Intelligence Battalion.



My Job was a 52D10 Power Generation Equipment Repairer. I fixed generators from 5KW all the way up to 200KW. The generator repair business was a very cake job. So I spent most of my time fixing trucks.






I went into the Army to learn a skill other than garage door repair so I could do something with my life. When I ETS'd from the Army I soon discovered there was a lack of jobs for fixing WW2 vehicles. I could have re-enlisted in the military and continued to fix WW2 trucks but I wanted to try my knack at garage doors again. Also God got a hold of my heart and he has directed me to Japan to live and minister planting a church. What an awesome God we have.

No comments: