Saturday, November 29, 2008

Can anyone say c c c c c COLD



Yup!Iruma is officially cold for me. The Morning temp hit 3 degrees Celsius which would be approximately 37.5 in the low morning. Afternoons are in the 13 range which is about 55 Fahrenheit. I have never woke up to seeing my breath out from under the covers. I am needing an electric heater. The Japanese still use kerosene and propane to fuel heaters here. I am a little scared to gag on the fumes. We will stick to electric heat. Mihoko got a Hot Carpet (hatokapeto) in the front room and kids rooms. Those are toasty to wake up on. I sneak in to the kids room in the morning and just thaw out. I have a big winter futon that is very polar proof. I can sleep in that dude all day long. It is just getting up to run to the facilities and get the day started that we shiver. I am such a baby when it comes to cold. Some other missionaries are shaking their head saying this is nothing. Hey our time in California for the last two weeks was in 80 to 90 degree weather I am having culture weather shock. Anyway things are going great. Thank you for the bike. We got a Mama Chari bike with a kids seat for Jane and a basket in front. Jane loves it. It is just that our faces and hands freeze in the COLD weather. I am praying for a car. We need a car to get our family around town. We will start classes for ESL on the 9th of December and have sample classes for kids for two or three weeks and then in January we will begin the actual instruction. We are able to use our Apartment buildings multipurpose room for the classes. It should be fun. Pray for a lot of kids. We get a lot of exciting responses but it feels like well wishing. God is at work we will see what he is going to do.

No comments: