Monday, October 5, 2009

Tokyo Tower

We took the day and went on a family field trip to Tokyo Tower. It was fun. The girls and I had a great time looking down from 250 meters high and we enjoyed the glass floor that was scary but fun at the same time. Nathan was not liking the height. He didn't have too much fun and got mad when I picked him up and carried him to stand on the glass panel. He had a very real fear of falling through the floor. I have repented of my provoking him to anger and promise to be more sensitive next time we go to Tokyo Tower.


The view was marred by the hurricane that was passing by. We did have a break in the rain and did get some shots of Downtown Tokyo. Yet on a clear day you actually can see the outline of Mount Fuji from the tower...so they say? Like you can see Downtown LA from Palm Springs? Clear day? What's that? We still had a great time and enjoyed the new food court. Mihoko and I came here 20 years ago before we got married. I was a short term missionary here for 3 months and we took a date and went to Tokyo Tower. I was so in love I don't remember much of that date other than the beautiful girl I was with. But I did recognize that they have added an amusement park and a pretty cool food court. They even had McDonalds. Yep I am so not Japanese I always punt for the safe call of a cheeseburger when in doubt. Plus the cost was so within the budget. You can't get much on 500 yen these days at Tokyo Tower.





No comments: