Friday, November 27, 2009

Pastor Phil in Calvary Chapel Kokobunji

Calvary Chapel Kokobunji with Pastor Chizuo Sakurai. It was so cool to hook up with him and see the Lord's blessings upon his family and the church the Lord has belssed him with. We went out to a traditional Japanese restaurant and sat on a floor and ate things I can't tell you what they are as I have no idea. I discovered I might be aclimating to the Japanese culture because I actually enjoyed all the food. 4 years ago at a similar place in Shinjuku I almost lost everything when I got to a dish called chawamushi. I thought it was a sweet flan pudding but it was a tofu clam pudding and it was all I could to do to not launch it at my hosts. But today was a victory because I knew what was coming and it wasn't bad. I enjoyed the chawamushi and my mom would be proud as I ate everything. Pastor Phil enjoyed it more than me. He is quite the adventurous sort to eat everything first time out. Anyway, we went to CC Kokobunji and we had such fun that I forgot to take pictures. We were even serenaded by Pastor Chizuo and his daughter Hanna as they played the song "Hallelujah Jesus" in Japanese for me. I love this song and want to play it in Japanese. God bless you Chizuo May God continue to pour out his love through the Holy Spirit into your ministry and family.



No comments: