Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hurry up and wait


Well we are pressing on and the avalanche that we experienced is now slowing down as I am realizing that we still have to live for the next three months here. I am having to re-seal our upstairs veranda (patio) floor, patch holes in our garage walls, secure the cabling and wiring that has been hanging around. I may get this place so nice we may not want to leave. ;o)) I still need to go and get picts for my visa. My business phone numbers are going to go to a friend and I am going to dissolve the business. This will be good. I may keep the name as we have our insurance through it and use it as a tool for us.
The Monday night Japanese School of the Bible is going great. We are almost through the doctrines of Jesus and last night was on Sanctification (Seibetsu in Japanese) Sei means holy and betsu means separtion. I started the class just convicted that I am not as holy as I should be. We saw the three aspects of positional, progressional, and ultimate sanctification. It went really well and we realize that though we are declared sanctified we still have our part to walk the walk and talk the talk. God calls us to be holy for He is holy. But we also saw that this isn't to be a law that we are stumble through but that it is for a closer relationship to God. The Bible says "Draw near to God and he will draw near to you." This can only be increased more and more through personal holiness. We are seeing in our Friday nights going through the book of Exodus that the whole wilderness experience is about the sanctification process. God is purifying the Jews for a personal relationship with him. Thank the Lord for his Mercy and Grace through the blood of Jesus that we can now in freedom enjoy the time with God and see the benefits of being close to him in every situation through the power of the Holy Spirit. We are going to go into a few weeks study on the Holy Spirit and see how God has provided for us a real comforter and helper in this area.
Pray for Mihoko going to Japan in April 7 through the 14th. Pray she will find a great place for our home and a hospital. Pray for me to keep my head in the game and work. It is hard to be thinking about what we need to do to get ready to go to Japan and neglect the work that I need to do. We have started to see some support come in and we are saving that for when we get to Japan and all the expenses we will be incurring. These are personal supporters thank you guys, Calvary's support won't start until we are 30 days in country. We had someone interested in renting our place but it didn't work out so we are now listing it on the MLS and we have an agreement with a brother at Church who will be maintaining the place and handling all the details for renting, maintaining, and credit checks and things like that. I am working on a good Friday message as we are in Exodus 17 where Moses strikes the rock. God's timing is great as good friday is all about Jesus our rock being struck. So I am excited to take the message from exodus to the first century and then close the evening with communion. God bless you guys.

No comments: