Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Signs of Spring

It is still cold here but there are some signs that Spring is on the way. I found these blossoms blooming next to the Radio Station. I was recording a program and came out to the beauty of the blossoms. I have seen them year after year in the US but here in Japan with the adjusting I have been going through I haven't seen the beauty around me. I guess I have been focused on self too much. I still do that a lot more than I care to admit. But here I am beginning to see more beauty. I am seeing kids as cute and I am learning to laugh at myself. The skys are as blue and beautiful as in Southern California. The other day as we were on our way to Tokorozawa we saw a beautiful snow covered Mt. Fuji. It was a grand and beautiful site as I have seen in all the pictures. We are not close to the Mountain but because of the plain we live on you can see it from hundreds of kilometers away. Mom has been in the US for almost a week now and we are feeling the stress of 24/7 getting on each others nerves. So we baked a cake for fun today. No reason other than to attempt to cook in our Microwave/Oven/Range box. We bought Microwave back in August that is also an oven and a toaster and a Range. We can nuke and bake and toast in this thing. I have been letting Mihoko have all the fun so with her being absent I am attempting a little fun myself. Rachel mixed the ingredients and wha La (SP-5) we have a cake. I'll post a picture after it is done burning to death. It seems the pan I used is a little too small and deep. The top is crispy and the middle is pudding. I will have to make two separate cakes and reduce the amount of cake mix in the baking bowl. It has been over an hour for a 30 minute cake so far and it is still cooking. Yikes? Anyway, lots of Chocolate frosting will cover a multitude of sin. Or is that love?

No comments: