Thursday, May 29, 2008

Meet My Sister Carol and her son Jonathan

You know 8 years is a big gap. After 42 years of being 8 years behind my Sister Carol I am noticing the gap closing. I have another sister 7 years older than me (Nancy) and then there is Ruth who is 4 years older than me. I grew up as the only boy but also as one who had many moms. I was subjected to dress up and dolls and bay city rollers before I knew what was cool. Bobby Sherman? Partridge Family? I had a blessed childhood when my sisters wanted to go out guess who got to tag along. With parents involved in youth ministry I was attending more Jr High & High School camps before I went to my own age group camp. My sister graduated High School before I began Jr High. So I have never felt that close. We have all been involved in ministry through missions or outreach or just being active in the church all our lives. Carol's Husband Mark is a great Dallas guy. He is pastoring the United Evangelical Free Church in Seattle Washington. http://unitedefc.org. Anyway, as we traverse the ages and raising kids and being in the ministry we are finding our common ground increasing and drawing us closer. We have an affinity with our struggles in our parents and their constant well-meaning elderly love. The only regret is that we live so far from each other. With us moving to Japan the distance will only increase. Yet with heaven drawing nearer than ever we will all soon be home and our affinity will change to that of the being in the presence of the Lord. I can't wait. Carol thanks for coming and hanging out it was a blessing. Pray for Jonathan her son who is an undergrad at BIOLA my alma mater. He has a bright future ahead and it just tickles me to see families raise kids who somehow turn out okay and walk with the Lord and seek after the things of the Lord. Oh Yea, Carols daughter Amanda is also at BIOLA. Pray for her too and the youngest of the family Caitlin is graduating Hight School and flying back to Gordon Cronwell Undergrad College. It may be call Gordon U? Anyway, Pray for the church in Seattle as the folks are growing in faith and love and they have a cool shepherd to lead them to green pastures in the word of God.

No comments: