Thursday, May 29, 2008




The Swords of Japan are the best in the world. No one will contend that the technique of the Japanese Sword makers is among the best. My friend's grandfather acquired one from a WWII Japanese officer of some ranking. The sword is stout and has weathered the test of time. For more than 60 years and two generations of play that has been a testimony of this special weapon that for hundreds of years in Japan was the life and judge of many. The glory of the sword speaks volumes. The secrets of the sword are still being studied today and it appears there is a special technique to the folding of the steel and the hammering to create the perfect edge. The fire is heated to the right temperature and then the hammer is applied to the steel molding and shaping it with each blow. Sparks fly, and the temper sets and more heat and hammering and then the smith folds the steel adding more strength and form. I see in the words of Jeremiah 23:29 the Lord says, "(Is) not my word like as a fire? and like a hammer (that) breaketh the rock in pieces?. The Lord points out that the Word of God the bible is two things a fire and a hammer. Guess who is the rock? Did you know steel in its rawest form is a lump of rock ore. Yup I get hammered as I read the word and I get fired up about the great promises therein. As I set my ways and become rigid I find that the fire and hammering of the word in my daily devotions has a tendency to fold my will and I bow my knee to Christ in submission to him and his direction for my life. This word that is like a fire and hammer is spoken of in Hebrews 4:12 in a great way. "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and spirit, and the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thought and intents of the heart." The word is more powerful and sharper that any two-edged sword and it is quick. No slow deaths with the word. I discover that with the fire and hammering action occurring in my heart I discover this truth a reality when my thoughts come into the light of the word and the intent of my heart was not right. James says your prayers are not answered because you ask amiss. I find reading the word before praying separates my soulish desires and the spiritual ones that are sent from heaven. Read your Bible and after time spent in the fire and being hammered you become a work of art that is stronger than anything know to mankind able to with stand the worst trials in life. Keep youselves in the fire of the word and allow him to fold and make you in to his poema or workmanship for his glory. Many will want to know what your secret is...just tell them "word up!"

No comments: