Saturday, April 24, 2010

Otoro Matsuri

The Iruma Otoro Matsuri a 700 year old tradition according to the city hall was this weekend. The vendors are all rented from some company and all. It seems like a carnival they all are at each of the Iruma festivals. My Father-In-Law said many of the guys travel full time to all the matsuri's to work. I got to hang out with my favorite Police friends. I have been talking to them about passing out fliers and playing music in the train station circle. I haven't been able to get to the Sayama Police Headquarters this week. Hopefully Monday? The kids loved the BBQ Corn and the girls ate some Chocolate covered bananas. Courtesy of Grandpa. It was an experience to walk around and see all the people. We met the principle of the Elementary School and had a great time with many friends that we know here in Iruma. The only problem is my knee didn't like all the walking.



No comments: