Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cool spider




Japan has the coolest bugs here and the kids are not afraid of them. In fact, to our whole families surprise the kids play with them. The simmi (Circada) bugs are huge and they make this maddening buzzing noise. I saw two boys carrying them around and shaking them to make the noise. As much as I hate the bugs I actually felt sorry for the Circada. The pictures I got are from the internet. The Circada though are interesting as the live underground for up to 7 years and then they come up to the real world and they climb a tree shed a shell and then morph into a flying insect that makes a huge racket for all of about a week to 10 days they mate and then die. Surely that will preach about the brevity of life. The first gross picture is of the Circada killer wasp. These guys are bad. Don't mess with them. Nathan and I found one eating a stink typr beetle. We found this cool looking zebra spider hanging out in our stair way outside.

No comments: