Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First morning out at 5am



I was taking pictures of the town as I walked around my first morning out. The Engrish is funny to spot and try to figure out. Chocola is a night club by the train station with this sign out in front. They are very poetic to say the least. The other picture is of MOS burger. They are a chain of rice burgers here in Japan they do have beef but everything is soooo tiny. I call them biscuit burgers. Also they are expensive. No more dollar item menus here. Anyway they have the new item a taco. I think I'll wait to try that. I went to a mens breakfast on the Yokota airbase and it was fabulous. We went into a shopping area with a food court and believe it or not they have a Taco Bell. I know your saying this guy is talking about food so much. That is true. When coming to a new country part of the survival instinct is to go and survey where you can eat better yet afford to eat and not get sick. Japan is pretty good about he hygene by they like any place in the world have their share of toxin scares. They just have so many noodle shops. If a visitor from outer space saw all the noodle shops they'd think they worshipped noodles here. I have a hard time eating hot udon noodles when it is a hundred degrees outside; And they will drink hot green tea. I must adjust and as Paul says become all things to all men. I'll let you know when I try the Moss Taco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dan, you have to try MOS Burger. I'd peg you for a Kimpira Gobo Burger kind of guy: chopped gobo and carrots on a grilled-rice bun. It just screams out "Dan." (^_^)