Sunday, April 12, 2009

Iruma Yochien Yuenshiki


Saturday was Jane's Preschool opening ceremony. In Japanese they call it a yuenshiki. We had fun. Jane met her teacher and other kids and she just fit right in. It was about two hours long and might I emphasize long since I don't understand the language and speakers and program was challenging since they use such a polite language I am unable to understand much of the Keigo. Anyway, I wasn't alone as the kids were just as fidgety as me. I took pictures of the paparazzi dads with their cameras and equipment. It was quite a show. Jane is going to have such fun in her new school. Surprisingly she understood most of the directions in Japanese and just went with the flow. My baby is growing up. Monday she will ride the bus for the first time alone with the other kids. Pray she adjusts well and really has fun.


I had to wear a suit. Everyone was betting it wouldn't fit. It did...barely, so I am officially going on a diet on the day after tomorrow next week.



What is fascinating is that the school logo is a dove with a 4 leaf clover in its mouth and when we inquired as to the mark they said it is a symbol of peace. We were curious about the origin as the school is not city owned like we thought and this symbol has been known in some areas as a Christian symbol.

No comments: